Not everyone has thousands to dump into Facebook ads, and when you’re just starting out, even testing can cost a lot of money you don’t have. In this super short tutorial, I break down one of the least expensive and popular type of ads that create an easy way to build engagement, likes, as well as get potentially HUNDREDS of people a direct link to your landing page, all without the pixel or conversions.
Best of all, I show you how to do it with completely free tools! Bootstrapping Facebook Ads all the way to the bank.
The least expensive type of ad is usually a page/post engagement ad. With the recent explosion of Messenger Bots, these ads become even more powerful because if you create a lot of engagement, all those commenters will get a private message with your link. The basic outline is this:
- Come up with a REALLY engaging post on your page that makes it super easy for people to comment. Like, super easy.
- Things that have to do with giving an opinion, voting, correcting mistakes, guessing games, quizzes, etc. all do really well.
- You also want to make it easily shareable.
- Post that on your page and once that’s done, get a Manychat account and attach it to your page.
- Use the free growth tool that ManyChat offers and create a message that thanks them for voting or playing, and then drops a link to your free offer.
- You should see about 80% of people open that private message, and some of them will click on the link to check it out.
- The benefit of this type of ad is it’s pretty inexpensive to get a lot of eyeballs on your content.
- It also helps you later on down the line when you decide to run different types of ads (that are more conversion oriented) because you can create a custom audience of people who’ve already interacted with your page.
In the short video above, I show you an ad that’s performing well!